navigation

9.12.15

Christmas Party Makeup Look



Hi everyone,

As the festive party season is upon us I thought I would share with you one of the makeup looks that I will be wearing most this Christmas. It’s fairly simple to do but adds a bit of sparkle as everything should at this time of year! So let’s get started ……

 
Base

To start with I apply the Max Factor Facefinity Primer which is my favourite high street primer at the moment and will help keep my makeup in place all night long if I want it to! Next I use the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector which is a must for getting a beautiful, natural glow to the skin and just blend this all over using my fingers. For foundation I have rediscovered my love for Nars Sheer Glow. As I have had quite dry skin recently I have been avoiding this one as it has a tendency to cling to any dry patches. However, since getting my skin back under control I have been reaching for it more and more and think it is especially perfect for a night out or Christmas party.


Eyes

I am using quite a sparkly eyeshadow for this look so I will move onto my eye makeup before going back and concealing and powdering later. Firstly I apply Alohomora from the Tanya Burr Fairytale palette all over my eye lid. Next I use my new Urban Decay Moondust eyeshadow in Cosmic (review here) over the top of this and just dab it on with my fingers for a super sparkly finish. To add some definition I finally go in with Creep from the Urban Decay Naked palette and apply this in the crease and blend out for a smoky eye look. I line my lower lash line with the Bourjois Khol and Contour eyeliner and smudge this out before applying Clinique Bottom Lash mascara and Lancôme Hypnôse Drama on the top lashes. I think depending on where I was going I could also add some individual false lashes if I was going for something a little more dramatic but this time I just stuck with about five coats of mascara!



Concealer and powder

Now that my eye makeup is complete I can go over and get rid of any fallout from my eyeshadows. To conceal any under eye circles I use the Rimmel Wake Me Up concealer and then go over any redness or blemishes on the rest of my face with Estée Lauder Double Wear concealer (I really couldn’t be without this one!). Finally, to set the whole thing in place I sweep some Rimmel Lasting Finish powder all over but particularly concentrating on my t-zone. To add some colour to my very pale skin I nearly always reach for Nars Laguna bronzer which is the only bronzer that I have ever rebought.
 
Cheeks

I’m really into a glowy look for my cheeks at the moment and the Revlon Highlighting Palette in Rose Glow is perfect for achieving this. This would probably be enough on its own for some but for me I like to add a bit more highlight with the Topshop Crescent Moon highlighter on the cheek bones, down the centre of the nose, on the brow bone and also a little on the cupids bow.


Eyebrows

My favourite product for my eyebrows at the minute is the Benefit Gimme Brow (review here). It’s so easy to use and gives a really natural but groomed look to your brows.

Lips

When I have gone for more full on eye makeup, I like to stick to something more subtle for my lips so this time I opted for my Dior Addict lip gloss in Dolly Pink. However, I think this look might also be nice with a bright red lip such as Rimmel Kate Moss Lasting Finish lipstick in 110 or MAC Ruby Woo.



And there you have my finished Christmas party look! I hope you enjoyed reading this post and would love to hear what you think of my festive makeup look so please feel free to leave your comments below :)

Thanks for reading,

Hannah xx

8 comments:

  1. You should really, really like REALLY do more makeup posts, Hannah because you're really good at creating eye makeup! I adore this look on you, the sparkly eyes is stunning and it's the perfect festive makeup!

    Reflection of Sanity | Palmer's Cocoa Butter Care Package Giveaway (Canada ONLY)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thank you Shireen for your truly lovely comment :) I'm so glad you like the look and I'll definitely do more posts like this x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect products an amazing makeup!!!
    I following you via GFC. Can you follow me back?

    NEW BRANDING POST | A Great Gift for You
    InstagramFacebook Oficial PageMiguel Gouveia / Blog Pieces Of Me :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post, I never have inspiration when it comes to creating new make up looks and tend to wear the same one but this really helped. I am half tempted to buy a few of the products too ha! ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty look! The original Naked palette has been on my wishlist for quite a while, but I definitely don't need it haha. Five coats of mascara sounds about right - I was listening to a song while putting mascara on once and the song finished before I finished with mascara LOL

    becky ♡ star violet

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Natasha Aw thank you for your lovely comment and I'm so glad you like the look :) Reading blogs is so bad for my bank balance as I always end up wanting to buy the products that have been mentioned too haha x

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Becky Haha that would definitely be something I would do! Applying my mascara always takes me ages, especially if I'm going out to a party or something. I really like the Naked palette and want the second and third ones now but like you I really don't need them! x

    ReplyDelete

TEMPLATE BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS