navigation

13.11.16

Fall Favourites Tag



Hi everyone,

I hope you’re all having a great weekend :) I was tagged by the lovely Shellen from A Blushing Beauty Blog to do the Fall Favourites Tag. I like to do a tag every now and then as I think they are a great way to find out more about the blogger and get to know them a little better. So let’s get started!


Favourite Eye Makeup

I tend to wear really neutral colours when it comes to my eye makeup but I do like to add a bit of sparkle, especially over the festive season. My favourite palettes at the moment are the Urban Decay Naked palette and also the Tanya Burr Hollywood palette as I love the shade Enchantment which is a gorgeous sparkly gold. For mascara I am currently using Benefit They’re Real but I do swap and change around, all I know is I like lots of it and creating big, full lashes!


Favourite Lip Colour

I really love a red or berry lip for autumn. I have loved Bourjois Shine Edition in Grenade In for a couple of years now but the Rimmel Kate Moss lipstick in 01 is a more recent favourite. Bright shades like these can be a bit high maintenance so if I’m in the mood for something more low key, my go-to lipstick at the moment is Rimmel Kate Moss in shade 55 My Nude. I have to admit it was the cute packaging that I was drawn to first but thankfully the lipstick inside is just as pretty!

Left to right: Bourjois Grenade In, Rimmel Kate Moss 01 and Rimmel 55 My Nude
Favourite Nail Polish

This is a tough choice for me and if you read my latest nail polish collection post you’ll know I have a fair few to choose from. If I had to pick I would go for Jessica in Blushing Princess as again berry shades are a staple for me in autumn. I'd also choose OPI Teenage Dream from the Katy Perry collection as you always need a bit of sparkle!


Favourite Scent

Blackberry and Bay from Jo Malone every time :) This scent just reminds me of Christmas and it is one of my all-time favourites, not just for autumn.

 
Favourite Accessories

I am a bit of a scarf hoarder and have collected probably one or two more than I needed to. The two in the photos are my favourite cosy ones that I have been wearing all the time since the weather turned colder. I’m also in love with this cute, faux fur bag which I bought a couple of weeks ago from Primark. It was only £7 but I can see I will use it so much over autumn and winter.


Favourite Drink

I’m not one for going to Starbucks and Costa a lot for the festive drinks, although the Black Forest Hot Chocolate from Costa has to be one of my favourites. I did try to recreate it at home but it just wasn’t the same and I actually ended up giving myself stomach ache with all the syrup I added. I have also recently taken a liking to a mocha and my boyfriend went a bit crazy last weekend when a ton of hot chocolate and espresso coffee machine pods turned up at home!

Favourite Show

At this time of year for me it’s all about Strictly Come Dancing! It’s just an all-round feel good programme and I’m really enjoying it this year. I also like watching X Factor but I haven’t got into it as much this time. I’m not sure why but a few people have said the same to me recently.

And that's it! I just tag anyone that reads this post and feels like they want to give it a go. I hope you have enjoyed my fall favourites let me know if you do decide to do it yourself as I'd love to read your posts.

Thanks for reading,

Hannah xx

20 comments:

  1. Aw great tag Hannah! I always end up going back to the They're Real mascara! I love the look of the Tanya Burr palette, definitely agree that enchantment looks a lovely shade! x
    A Blushing Beauty Blog x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh that Tanya Burr palette looks amazing- I wish they sold her stuff over here! I'm obsessed with the Rimmel x Kate Moss lipsticks and I actually have shade #1 myself :) I've not seen the rose gold ones before, but I literally want to line them all up along my dresser as they look so pretty!

    Rachel xx
    http://www.thedailyluxe.net


    ReplyDelete
  3. I have mix experience with Benefit They're Real, sometimes it's great but more often than not, it's crappy. I do wish Naked 1 palette has more mattes in it then it would have been the perfect palette.

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
  4. I kinda have a love hate relation with Benefit They're Real mascara. I think it's a good mascara but I hate the wand, it always seem to poke my eyes. I don't own any Jo Malone fragrances but I really want to pick one up. This scent sounds like a lovely one.

    Ann-Marie | http://facetocurls.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was looking for a tag to do, so maybe I'll use this one, thanks :-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was great getting to know you through this tag, girlie! I love and use the NAKED palette often, it has all the neutrals needed, which I love. But, I also love that 'Enchantment' shade int hat Tanya Burr palette, so I just may need to check it out myself! I believe I only have one lipstick form Rimmel, but it's more of a summer-y shade, so I don't wear it often, but I really need to check out more of their selections because everyone seems to love their entire makeup selection and the way these swatch are so lovely! I also have a thing for scarves, most recently, blanket scarves! They're so cute and cozy, what's really not to love, right!? Haha! Thanks so much for sharing, beauty, and I hope you have the most amazing week ahead!

    XO,

    Jalisa
    www.thestylecontour.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. The shade enchantment in that eye shadow quad looks absolutely gorgeous!

    www.themakeupaficionado.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Shelleen Thank you again for tagging me Shellen, I'm glad you liked the post :) This is the first time I have tried the They're Real mascara and I'm a bit undecided on it at the moment, I think I need to test it out a little longer :) x

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Rachel-Beth The rose gold packaging is so cute isn't it?? It's literally the only reason I was drawn to the lipstick in the first place so I'm glad the lipstick inside is nice to haha. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Shireen L. Platt I'm a bit undecided on the They're Real mascara at the moment but I have noticed one thing that's for sure, it's bloody hard to get off! I know what you mean about the Naked palette but for me, it's one that I always end up coming back to and I have so many fail safe looks that I always recreate with it when I am stuck haha x

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Ann-Marie Cato I agree the bristles on the wand on the They're Real mascara do seem to stick out quite far and they are quite sharp! I have also managed to poke myself in the eye with it on more than one occasion! I would highly recommend the Jo Malone fragrances and especially Blackberry and Bay. It is one of my all-time favourite scents x

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Jalisa Giron Thank you Jalisa, I'm really glad you enjoyed it :) The Naked palette is one that I am constantly going back to and the Hollywood palette by Tanya Burr actually works really well alongside it as they both contain similar, neutral shades. Rimmel lipsticks are some of my favourites too and they won't break the bank either so I just end up adding more and more to my collection, I really could do to stop! :) Ooh you can't beat a cosy blanket scarf, they just instantly make me feel warmer and more cosy and I can't get enough of them at this time of year! I hope you have a great week too :) x

    ReplyDelete
  13. @The Makeup Aficionado It's so pretty isn't it?? I have been wearing it non-stop recently :) x

    ReplyDelete
  14. @kissandmakeup I'm glad you enjoyed it and I will keep an eye out for your tag in case you decide to give it a try :) x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Enchantment is such a drop dead gorgeous shade - and even the name is pretty haha! Great choice of red lip shades by the way; they match the season perfectly.

    aglassofice.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Red lips are my favourite for this time of year teamed with a lovely red manicure x

      Delete
  16. I like posts like these as they are such a good way to get to know the wirter behind the blog. I haven't tried any of the Tanya Burr Eyeshadow Palettes yet and this one looks right up my street!! I too use the Benefit They're Real and swap between that and the Loreal Volume Million Lashes for naturally full lashes :)
    I love the blue and brown scarf :O
    Have you tried the Lindt hot chocolate from Costa? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really need to try the L'oreal Volume Million Lashes as a couple of people have mentioned it to me now and it looks so good :) I haven't tried the Lindt hot chocolate but it sounds amazing! Lindt are some of my favourite chocolates so the thought of a hot chocolate made from Lindt is making my mouth water already! x

      Delete
  17. The rimmel kate moss in 01 looks like such a beautiful rich fall colour. It's going to be so awesome to wear for a special occasion like a new year's eve party
    Dora
    http://www.adropofindigo.com/
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkaSnh8OS3XmuL87VEkskgQ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so pretty isn't it? I love shades like this for autumn and winter and they are just perfect for Christmas celebrations as well :) x

      Delete

TEMPLATE BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS